A friend made buffalo chicken dip for happy hour at an RV park, and that made everyone who tasted it really happy. If you like buffalo wings, you’ll love this. Thanks to Judy Lyle for this crowd pleaser.
It’s easy to make with just six ingredients. You can heat it in the microwave, convection microwave, or regular oven. In my humble opinion, it’s just as tasty and much faster in a microwave.
If you are feeding more than 6 people, make a double batch.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes using an oven, or 15 minutes in a microwave
- Microwave- or oven-proof dish. For a single batch, I use a 2-cup Pyrex bowl. For a double batch, I prefer a 9.5-inch Pyrex pie plate.
Serves 4 to 6
- 4-ounces regular or lite cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken (or any leftover chicken), shredded
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup lite ranch dressing
- 3/4 cups shredded Colby jack cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped, and divided
- Chips, celery and/or carrots for dipping
Microwave instructions: Add ingredients to a microwave-safe dish, reserving 2 tablespoons cheese to put on top and a pinch of chives for garnish. Cover with a plate cover or paper plate. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or longer. Stir halfway through cooking and again when it’s done. Top with reserved cheese and heat another 30 seconds or so, until cheese melts. Garnish with reserved chives.
Oven instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or convection oven to 325. Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese to put on top and a pinch of chives for garnish. Combine all other ingredients in a 9.5-inch pie plate, or other 1-quart baking dish. Top with reserved cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with reserved chives.
Serve with corn chips, celery, and carrots.